帖子

3万

积分

论坛元老

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2019-9-19 18:40:26 | 只看该作者 |只看大图 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
从脱北者到国情咨文嘉宾:池成镐的逃亡故事North Korean Defector, Honored by Trump, Has a Remarkable Escape Story

2018年2月2日 作者:纽约时报(CHOE SANG-HUN)

周二,池成镐在特朗普总统的国情咨文演说现场。Ji Seong-ho at President Trump’s State of the Union address on Tuesday.

SEOUL, South Korea — When President Trump wanted to highlight the brutality of North Korea’s government during his State of the Union address on Tuesday, he pointed to a man in the audience who had traveled thousands of miles on crutches to find freedom.
韩国首尔——周三,当特朗普在国情咨文演说中强调朝鲜政府多么残暴的时候,他抬手指向了观众席里一个为了寻找自由而拄着拐杖跋涉了数千里的男人。
The story that man, Ji Seong-ho, tells of his escape is remarkable even by the standards of North Korean defectors. When Mr. Trump pointed him out, Mr. Ji jubilantly raised his crutches as television cameras captured the moment.
这位池成镐所讲述的脱逃故事,即使按脱北者的标准来看也十分引人注目。当特朗普指向他时,池成镐欣喜地举起了他的拐杖,让摄像机拍下了这一刻。
In 1996, Mr. Ji was 13, his parents’ eldest son, living in a mining village near the city of Hoeryong in northern North Korea. The country was in the midst of a famine that would kill more than two million, by some estimates. Surviving on roots and corn stalks, Mr. Ji’s family became so weak that they spent most of the day lying on the floor, sometimes hallucinating, he said in a 2014 interview.
1996年,身为家中长子的池成镐才13岁,在朝鲜北部会宁市旁边的一个矿村生活。国家正处在饥荒之中,据估计,这场饥荒后来导致200多万人死亡。池成镐在2014年的一次采访中说,他们一家人靠吃草根和玉米秸秆度日,以至于虚弱得一天的大部分时间都只能在地上躺着,有时还会产生幻觉。

His grandmother had died of hunger the previous year. In school, teachers were too weak to teach. Few students showed up to class.
他的祖母前一年已被饿死。学校里,老师虚弱得无法教书,也没什么学生到班上课。
Mr. Ji said he began stealing coal from moving freight trains, to barter it for corn.
池成镐说,他开始从货运火车上偷煤,用来换取玉米。
“There must have been 100 of us. When the train moved out of the station at night, we came out of hiding and crawled up the cars like zombies,” Mr. Ji said. “If we missed the train, our families would have nothing to eat for a few days.”
“我们大概得有100个人。火车在晚上开出站时,我们就从躲藏的地方出来,像僵尸一样爬上车,”池成镐说。“如果我们错过火车,我们的家人会连续几天没东西吃。”
Villagers could steal the coal only between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m., when the train was not guarded by armed police officers, he said. They had no flashlights.
他说,村民们只能在凌晨1点到5点之间偷煤,这个时候没有武装警察把守。他们没有手电筒。
On the night of March 7, 1996, as Mr. Ji was hurling sacks of coal off a train for his sister to gather up, he fainted from hunger and exhaustion and tumbled between two cars. When he came to, he was beside the rails, the train pulling away. His left leg and arm had been cut off. His frantic sister was crying for help, even as other villagers scurried away with sacks of coal.
1996年3月7日晚,在把一袋袋煤从火车上甩下来让妹妹捡的时候,池成镐筋疲力竭地饿晕了过去,滚落在两节车厢之间。醒来的时候,他正在铁轨旁边,火车开走了。他的左腿和左臂已被碾断。他的妹妹发疯似的喊叫求救,尽管其他的村民只是带着一袋袋煤匆忙离开。
He was carried to a local clinic, where a doctor operated on him twice, without anesthesia or a blood transfusion, he said.
他说,他被带往当地的一家诊所,一位医生给他做了两次手术,没有麻醉,没有输血。

2013年,池成镐在韩国首尔的延世大学。
“I could feel my spine rattling as he sawed off the bones,” Mr. Ji said. “I could hear blood dripping into a basin underneath. The doctor kept talking to me to keep me from passing out.”
“他锯断骨头的时候,我能感到我的脊柱咔咔作响,”池成镐说。“我能听到血滴在下面的脸盆里的声音。医生不停地和我说话,免得我晕过去。”
After he recovered, he began going to markets and train stations on his crutches, begging and pilfering food.
康复后,他开始拄着拐杖去市集和火车站乞讨、偷东西吃。
“It was then that I realized I had no future in North Korea.”
“那时我才意识到我在朝鲜没有未来。”
Later, he got in touch with a friend from his hometown who had made it to South Korea. He spoke to him on a cellphone that picked up Chinese signals near the border, and learned how much better conditions were in the other Korea. “They don’t beat the handicapped in the South,” he said his friend told him.
后来,他联系上了一位成功进入韩国的老乡。他通过一部在边境上能接收中国信号的手机与他通话,了解到韩国的状况要好得多。他说,他的老乡告诉他,“在韩国,他们不会殴打残疾人。”
“I had never seen people with Down syndrome until I came to South Korea,” Mr. Ji said. “In the North, they gather such people and keep them from public view.”
“在来韩国之前,我从没见过有唐氏综合症的人,”池成镐说。“在朝鲜,他们把这些人都聚在一起,不让公众看见。”
In April 2006, Mr. Ji crossed the Tumen River into China one last time, nearly drowning when he lost his balance in a river swollen with snowmelt. His younger brother, who was fleeing the North with him, pulled him out.
2006年4月,池成镐最后一次渡过图们江,试图进入中国。期间,他在一条因为融雪而涨水的河里失去平衡,差点溺亡。和他一起逃离朝鲜的弟弟把他救了出来。
In China, the brothers split up. Mr. Ji feared he would be a burden for his younger brother on the risky and difficult journey to South Korea.
在中国,兄弟两人分开行动。前往韩国的旅途危险艰辛,池成镐害怕自己成为弟弟的负担。
“Our thinking was that at least one of us must make it to South Korea, so we can make money and bring our parents and sister out of North Korea too,” he said.
“我们的想法是,我们两人中必须至少要有一个人成功到达韩国,这样才能赚钱把父母和妹妹也接出来,”他说。

2013年,池成镐(中)参加首尔的一场支持脱北者的集会。  
Without a guide, Mr. Ji and three other defectors trekked through the jungles of Laos. They made it to Thailand, where he was told that South Korean diplomats could help him.
在没有向导的情况下,池成镐和另外三名脱北者穿越老挝的丛林,到了泰国。在那里,他被告知韩国外交官可以帮助他。
At the South’s embassy in Bangkok, diplomats were surprised to see their first North Korean defector on crutches. They hurried him to Seoul, where the government provided him with an artificial arm and leg.
在曼谷的韩国大使馆,外交官惊讶地见到了池成镐。这是他们第一次见到一个拄着拐杖的脱北者。他们急忙把他送到首尔。在那里,政府为他提供了义肢。
”It was all confusing, because I had never known that a society was supposed to protect its disabled,” Mr. Ji said.
“我非常困惑,因为我以前从来不知道社会应该保护残疾人,”池成镐说。
Mr. Ji reunited with his younger brother in South Korea, where his mother and younger sister joined him years later. But his father was caught trying to flee the North and died in prison.
池成镐和弟弟在韩国团聚。几年后,母亲和妹妹也赴韩与他汇合。但他的父亲在试图逃离朝鲜时被抓获,在狱中去世。
In Seoul, Mr. Ji studied law as an undergraduate and founded Now Action and Unity for Human Rights, an organization of North Korean defectors, young South Koreans and ethnic Koreans from the United States who campaign for human rights in the North. He frequently speaks at international conferences on North Korean human rights. He has told the story of his escape from the North, most of which could not be independently confirmed, to various journalists and rights groups.
在首尔,池成镐本科期间学习法律,并成立了“为了人权行动和团结起来”(Now Action and Unity for Human Rights)组织,面向脱北者、韩国年轻人以及为朝鲜人权而奔走的美国韩裔。他经常在国际会议上就朝鲜人权问题发表演讲。他还讲述了自己逃出朝鲜的故事。对很多记者和人权组织来说,这个故事中的大部分情节都无法独立证实。
Mr. Ji says he has never thrown away the crude makeshift crutches that his father made for him. He said they symbolize “that you can achieve anything if you do not give up.”
池成镐说,他从来没有扔掉父亲为他做的简易临时拐杖。他说它们象征着“如果不放弃,什么都能成功”。
He triumphantly raised the crutches in Congress when Mr. Trump introduced him, calling his story “a testament to the yearning of every human soul to live in freedom.”
在国会,当特朗普介绍他,称他的故事“证明每一个人类灵魂都渴望自由的生活”时,他意气风发地举起了拐杖。
But Mr. Trump’s mention of Mr. Ji in his speech also raised some eyebrows, given the president’s stance on immigration and tough border enforcement.
但考虑到特朗普在移民和严格执行边境法规上的立场,他在演说中提到池成镐的做法也引起了一些不满。
“Ok, Ji Seong-ho’s story is tragic, but wouldn’t it also make him exactly the kind of refugee Trump wants to keep out of America?” one Twitter user wrote.
“这个,池成镐的故事是很悲惨,但这不正是让他成了特朗普希望拒之门外的那种难民吗?”一名Twitter用户写道。
王霜舟(Austin Ramzy)自香港对本文有报道贡献。
翻译:Jowii、陈亦亭

备注:本文涉及政治立场与政治观点不一定客观真实,很有可能黑白颠倒,无论何种观点,池氏网均无任何赞同或反对,与本文无关,本文引用目的,仅是了解池氏宗亲信息。

“如果一个事物一个人,
让你觉得眼花缭乱,
那么大概率是错的、假的、低劣的。
最了不起的人和事,
都简洁而优雅,朴素到一剑封喉。”
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

1万

帖子

3万

积分

论坛元老

积分
沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2019-9-19 18:41:08 | 只看该作者
“如果一个事物一个人,
让你觉得眼花缭乱,
那么大概率是错的、假的、低劣的。
最了不起的人和事,
都简洁而优雅,朴素到一剑封喉。”
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 回家

本版积分规则

手机版|池氏网|池氏宗亲网 ( 备案号:蜀ICP备09019917号-2池氏网公益法律援助律师:池春燕 WX:xuyuanchiw

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 11:34 , Processed in 0.073174 second(s), 31 queries .